EXPLANATORY NOTES FOR THE CATERING SERVICES AGREEMENT, WHERE SUCH AGREEMENT IS IN FAVOUR OF THE PROVIDER OF SERVICES (THE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR)
This agreement is for use by smmes (or any other entity for that matter) that PROVIDE catering services. It is an agreement that is fair and equitable to both parties, but is also one that is structured to protect the rights of the independent contractor, i.e. the party providing the services.
Note that this agreement can only be used where the receiver of services does not constitute a “consumer” in terms of the Consumer Protection Act. i.e the receiver MUST BE a juristic entity with a turnover or asset value equal to, or more than R2m at the time of the transaction.
Note: we will shortly make available agreements that regulate transactions that fall under the Consumer Protection Act. This agreement is for transactions that DO NOT fall under the Consumer Protection Act. Always make certain that the receiver of services under this agreement is neither a juristic person with assets or a turnover UNDER R2m, nor a natural person.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a party that REQUIRES catering services, it is suggested that you make use of the agreement, titled “Catering Services Agreement- Receiver“, as the latter agreement is more protective of your rights.
HOWEVER, if you are a party that PROVIDES catering services, then this is the correct agreement for you to use as it is more protective of your rights.
- is legally substantive (10 pages in total); please feel free to look at the explanatory notes below and compare the substance of this agreement to others for sale elsewhere;
- is bordered;
- has pages numbered;
- is fully justified;
- is typed up using Tahoma font, size 10;
- has been meticulously spell-checked;
- is extremely professional in its appearance;
- has several drafting notes therein to guide a legal practitioner;
- can be printed onto 10 A4 pages. (In the interests of the environment, SITL legal suggests that the agreement rather be printed back to back on 5 pages.).
This CATERING SERVICES AGREEMENT- PROVIDER contains the following clauses:
- DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- APPOINTMENT AND RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE PARTIES
- BBBEE STATUS
- GOOD FAITH
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- CESSION AND ASSIGNMENT
- WARRANTIES AND UNDERTAKINGS
- FORCE MAJEURE
- DOMICILIUM AND NOTICES
APPENDIX 1: DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED, FREQUENCY, SERVICE LEVELS, PENALTIES
Please read carefully through the agreement and fill in all missing details; in preparing a signature document, please have regard to all the notes we have placed hereon to assist you with the conclusion of a professional, legally binding agreement.
We appreciate any constructive feedback concerning this agreement; such can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.