EXPLANATORY NOTES FOR THE CLEANING SERVICES AGREEMENT, WHERE SUCH AGREEMENT IS IN FAVOUR OF THE PARTY RECEIVING THE SERVICES
This agreement is for use by entities that REQUIRE cleaning services. It is an agreement that is structured to protect the rights of the party that RECEIVES the cleaning services.
Note that this agreement can only be used where the receiver of services does not constitute a “consumer” in terms of the Consumer Protection Act. i.e the receiver MUST BE a juristic entity with a turnover or asset value equal to, or more than R2m at the time of the transaction.
Note: we will shortly make available agreements that regulate transactions that fall under the Consumer Protection Act. This agreement is for transactions that DO NOT fall under the Consumer Protection Act. Always make certain that the receiver of services under this agreement is neither a juristic person with assets or a turnover UNDER R2m, nor a natural person.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a party that PROVIDES cleaning services, it is suggested that you make use of the agreement, titled “Cleaning Services Agreement- Provider“, as the latter agreement is more protective of your rights.
HOWEVER, if you are a party that RECEIVES the cleaning services, then this is the correct agreement for you to use as it is more protective of your rights.
- is drafted in favour of the party REQUIRING the provision of cleaning services;
- is legally substantive (18 pages in total);
- is bordered;
- has pages numbered;
- is fully justified;
- is typed up using Tahoma font, size 10;
- has been meticulously spell-checked;
- is extremely professional in its appearance;
- has several drafting notes therein to guide a legal practitioner;
- can be printed onto 18 A4 pages. (In the interests of the environment, SITL legal suggests that the agreement rather be printed back to back on 9 pages.);
- can be used where entities outsource the provision of cleaning services to another entity; and
- is structured to ensure that the outsourcing company acts as a good corporate citizen by inter alia, procuring that the entity providing such services always acts within the bounds of the law especially as far as its employees are concerned.
This PROVISION OF CLEANING SERVICES AGREEMENT-RECEIVER contains the following clauses:
- DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- APPOINTMENT AND RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE PARTIES
- BBBEE STATUS
- GOOD FAITH
- LIABILITY, INDEMNITY AND INSURANCES
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- CESSION AND ASSIGNMENT
- WARRANTIES AND UNDERTAKINGS
- DOMICILIUM AND NOTICES
APPENDIX 1: DESCRIPTION AND ADDRESSES OF THE PROPERTIES WHERE THE SERVICES ARE TO BE RENDERED
APPENDIX 2: FORM OF CONFIDENTIALITY UNDERTAKING
APPENDIX 3: EQUIPMENT
APPENDIX 4: DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED
Please read carefully through the agreement and fill in all missing details; in preparing a signature document, please have regard to all the notes we have placed hereon to assist you with the conclusion of a professional, legally binding agreement.
We appreciates any constructive feedback concerning this agreement; such can be emailed to email@example.com.