EXPLANATORY NOTES: AGREEMENT FOR THE PROVISION OF LEGAL SERVICES
PLEASE NOTE: This agreement is use by smmes/individuals which/who operate legal consultancies (whether through close corporations, companies or as sole proprietors) and may also be used by law firms.
Note that this agreement can only be used where the receiver of services does not constitute a “consumer” in terms of the Consumer Protection Act. i.e the receiver MUST BE a juristic entity with a turnover or asset value equal to, or more than R2m at the time of the transaction.
Note: we will shortly make available agreements that regulate transactions that fall under the Consumer Protection Act. This agreement is for transactions that DO NOT fall under the Consumer Protection Act. Always make certain that the receiver of services under this agreement is neither a juristic person with assets or a turnover UNDER R2m, nor a natural person.
- is legally and technically substantive (9 pages in total);
- is bordered;
- has pages numbered;
- is fully justified;
- is typed up using Tahoma font, size 10;
- has been meticulously spell-checked;
- is extremely professional in its appearance;
- has several drafting notes therein;
- can be printed onto 9 A4 pages. (In the interests of the environment, SITL legal suggests that the agreement rather be printed back to back on 5 pages.).
This PROVISION OF LEGAL SERVICES AGREEMENT contains the following clauses:
- DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- APPOINTMENT AND RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE PARTIES
- GOOD FAITH
- BBBEE STATUS
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- BREACH AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- FORCE MAJEURE
- CESSION AND ASSIGNMENT
- WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS
- DOMICILIUM AND NOTICES
Please read carefully through the agreement and fill in all missing details; in preparing a signature document, please have regard to all the notes we have placed hereon to assist you with the conclusion of a professional, legally binding agreement.
We appreciate any constructive feedback concerning this agreement; such can be emailed to email@example.com.