- Visit the Companies and Intellectual Commission’s (“CIPC“) website.
- Establish the fees that you have to pay.
- Register as a customer on the CIPC website. It is free to do this. You cannot register a company until you register as a customer first.
- Conduct a search on the CIPC website to check whether the envisaged name of your private company is available.
- To register a company name, fill in CoR 9.1., available here. You may also wish to visit this page. You will have to submit your ID. You may reserve up to 4 names. There is a nominal fee payable for online name reservations.
- To register your small business private company, you need to file a Notice of Incorporation (CoR 14.1 ). You also have to file a Memorandum of Incorporation. We caution against the use of CIPC MOIs (Cor15.1.A and B). Read more in our article here. We encourage you to make use of the MOI for sale here.
- Fees are payable for submitting the above documents to CIPC.
More information about company registration with CIPC and what is required is available here.